Saturday, October 09, 2004

 

Why do I have to want to have a beer with a candidate to want to vote for him?

I'm sick and tired of all the crap the media is spreading that appears to insist that because George W. Bush seems superficially more like a "regular" guy than John Kerry (which I'm not conceding anyway), that makes him more appealing as a candidate. The idea that people would rather have a beer with Bush than with Kerry strikes me as perhaps the most irrelevant thing I've heard in a year of inane comments from the press.

As someone else pointed out somewhere (wish I could remember who said it, sorry for paraphrasing; if you know where this came from, please comment), Bush claims to have been sober for at least the past 13 years or so (I want independent confirmation of that, too). So wanting to have a beer with him is kind of cruel...

It is such a bullshit question. Who in his right mind would ever have wanted to have a beer with Richard Nixon??? Nobody, not if he had the last two beers on Earth. And yet many people voted for him twice (another thing I'm not sure I really believe, even 32 years after the fact).

I love having a beer with my friend Jeri, but I would never vote for her for president. And she'd say exactly the same things about me.

The press should stop spreading this nonsense, especially as they know it's nonsense. No wonder the rest of the world thinks we're a bunch of brain-damaged preteens. We're choosing the most powerful man on the planet, not the ideal college roommate. Grow up, media.

Comments:
I was surfing around and found another George Bush site.George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People This place has a ton of funny videos and mp3s.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Comments: "
I was surfing around and found another George Bush site.George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People This place has a ton of funny videos and mp3s.
 
" Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?