Wednesday, November 03, 2004

 

I hope they pay attention...this time

This is an open letter to every newspaper in America that endorsed George W. Bush. I can't begin to fathom why, but assuming you had your reasons, and even assuming that they may possibly have been good ones, I hope you pay close attention the next four years. Many of you included in your endorsements the hope (or perhaps wish) that Mr. Bush will learn from the many mistakes even you had to acknowledge he made during his first term.

What was that line? Fool me once, shame on me...fool me twice...can't get fooled again? Something like that.

Anyway, those of us who are well aware that Mr. Bush is constitutionally incapable of learning from his mistakes (for one think, during the campaign he wouldn't even admit he'd ever made any) hope that you will be watching very carefully and will be keeping score.

We knew you blew this one. That it would never happen. And it's not going to. And you should have known better.

S0, when he continues to make the same mistakes (as well as discovering ever more exciting new ones he can make), I hope you, at least, will have the honesty and decency to admit that you made a mistake.

Otherwise, you're complicit in putting him back into office so that he could continue failing to learn from his mistakes and correct them. And you, at least, will have no excuses. So please, pay attention.

Nobody likes an I-told-you-so, but...we told you so.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?