Thursday, November 04, 2004

 

Tolerance and justice are moral values, too

World O' Crap says this better than I could:
We need to remind people that tolerance, justice, fairness, compassion, and caring are moral values too. Personally, it bothers me a lot more to think of children going hungry than it does to think of two men being married (in fact, I think that two people committing themselves to each other is something to be celebrated). My values are a priority to me and my morality is just fine, so I'm tired of being told that Bush's election is a triumph of moral values over wickedness.
Bush has presided over a government that basically gave away the store to his corporate cronies, launched an unjustified war against a country that did not threaten us, failed to protect us against terrorists who did threaten us, has piled up huge deficits for future generations to pay off - how moral is that? - and done nothing to promote and preserve the scientific and technological edge that is the real basis of our current and future prosperity. And he's the moral one?
Comments:
great post..great blog. Keep rockin.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Comments: "
great post..great blog. Keep rockin.
 
" Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?