Friday, February 25, 2005

 

Friday Blog Blogging - proud and honored

I've been meaning to write something on this for some time now, so James Wolcott's post gives me the perfect opportunity to do so.
Salut!

The Koufax Awards for best lefty bloggers have been announced to the honking of car horns and tooting of kazoos, and congratulations to the winners. To quote Rip Torn from Songwriter, "I wish a picture of how beautiful y'all are at this moment could be painted as a mural on the great wall of China."

Though I admit I'm somewhat miffed that my naked cry from the heart, "I Need to Borrow a Spatula," wasn't nominated for Best Post in the pro-am division. But being nominated for Best New Blogger is honor enough--it's hard to imagine being in a better battalion of avenging angels.
I feel the same way. When I read Wolcott or Eric Alterman or Daily Kos or Eschaton or AMERICABlog or Hoffmania! or No More Mister Nice Blog or Rising Hegemon or Tom Tomorrow or Bob Harris or lots of others (check my blogroll), I'm proud and honored to be a liberal blogger, too. Not that I do it as well as these guys do, but I try; and when I read them, I'm glad we're all on the same side, fighting the good fight against ever-increasing odds.
Comments:
TNB:

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Could you please update the link to my "College Basketball Blog?" The site's new home is http://www.yocohoops.com.

Thanks kindly! Link update is much appreciated.

Yoni Cohen, College Basketball Blog
http://www.yocohoops.com
 
I just came across your blog about australian blogging and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about australian blogging so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
 
Another cons death penalty Resource... LifeLaw.org . A discussion forum for all that deals with such hot-button issues as cons death penalty .
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! i also have a website about affordable search engine placement you are invited to visit my site.
 
Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a Website about search engine ranking you are invited.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Comments: "
TNB:

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Could you please update the link to my "College Basketball Blog?" The site's new home is http://www.yocohoops.com.

Thanks kindly! Link update is much appreciated.

Yoni Cohen, College Basketball Blog
http://www.yocohoops.com
 
" "
I just came across your blog about australian blogging and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about australian blogging so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
 
" "
Another cons death penalty Resource... LifeLaw.org . A discussion forum for all that deals with such hot-button issues as cons death penalty .
 
" "
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! i also have a website about affordable search engine placement you are invited to visit my site.
 
" "
Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a Website about search engine ranking you are invited.
 
" Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?