Friday, April 01, 2005

 

I didn't think so

So, let's see...Michael Schiavo had the sole legal right to make decisions for Terry Schiavo, but her parents didn't like the choice he made, so they protested, and the entirety of Christendom tried to interfere with his well-established rights. And, yea, the Republican Party and, apparently, all right-thinking people in the universe looked upon their works, and behold, they were good.

So does this mean that the principle of non-interference in family matters has been overturned? After all, I thought that was at the bedrock of what conservatives and Republicans believe - the absolute inviolability of the family, and that no one can tell a husband what to do about his wife. Guess I was wrong.

But I wonder how far this goes. For example, does it extend to parents and children? I mean, let's say there's this Christian Science family in Massachusetts, and their child gets sick and they refuse to take it to a doctor. And the Massachuesetts legislature passes a law saying they can't refuse. Would the conservatives and Republicans accept that the principle of family inviolability has been irrevocably altered and stand aside?

See the title of this post.
Comments:
Greetings!

I am researching citizen conservative council
in order to spread the word about a great new
book.

I'm quite sure that many of the readers
of this blog are interested to read about

citizen conservative council
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Comments: "
Greetings!

I am researching citizen conservative council
in order to spread the word about a great new
book.

I'm quite sure that many of the readers
of this blog are interested to read about

citizen conservative council
 
" Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?