Friday, May 06, 2005

 

Friday Blog Blogging: New Jersey in May

From the New Jersey Writers Blog:
Months are funny things. We have one that is an aggressive verb – March - in all its military power. We have another that is a noble adjective – August – that describes only the most important or impressive events or occasions. All the rest are leftovers from Latin numbers or the less auspicious relatives of Julius Caesar. All except one…

May is the indefinitely adverbial month of eternal hope and possibility. We may dream of the winning number and put some money down on it in the back of a shoe repair shop on Bergenline Avenue in Union City where very little shoe repair actually goes on; in the front of a pizza place in Elizabeth where there’s always a couple of guys sitting in the window seat; or in Trenton in the smoky corner of a diner. As the poet Alexander Pope reminds us, “hope springs eternal in the human breast.” It springs in Trenton, too, and Linden, and Carteret, and even in Keansburg during the month of infinite possibilities – May.
That's kind of nice. Never thought of the months as simply words before. It takes a poet to make us really notice things we've known our whole lives but just haven't known we know.

There's not much spring among Yankee fans at the moment, but there's still plenty of time left in the season, and they've got to start hitting pretty soon.

Don't they?
Comments:
Hi-ya i'm new to this, I came upon this website I find It extremely useful & its helped me a lot. I hope to give something back and aid other users like its helped me.

Thanks, See Ya Around.
 
Good Day i'm new here. I stumbled upon this message board I have found It amply accommodating and it has helped me tons. I hope to contribute and assist other people like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See You About.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Comments: "
Hi-ya i'm new to this, I came upon this website I find It extremely useful & its helped me a lot. I hope to give something back and aid other users like its helped me.

Thanks, See Ya Around.
 
" "
Good Day i'm new here. I stumbled upon this message board I have found It amply accommodating and it has helped me tons. I hope to contribute and assist other people like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See You About.
 
" Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?