Monday, May 09, 2005

 

Um, no...that's not what it connotes

Business Week has a new blog about...um...blogs. They call it Blogspotting, a play on the term "trainspotting" - and they have no idea what that really means.
Welcome to Our Blog

Heather Green

Before anyone asks, we didn't pick the name because we have an urge to speak in Scottish brogue or fall headlong into the seamy side of questionable drug usage. It seemed to fit what we intend to do with this blog—track the phenomenon of how media, business, and blogs meet head on.

The name blogspotting seems appropriate as a take off the traditional definition of train spotting. It's a hobby of tracking trains as they go along their routes. But often, train spotters move from being observers to participants in the workings of trains.
Actually, trainspotters are considered even less socially utile and adept than science fiction fans. Trainspotting, besides being an actual hobby, is also a metaphor for nerdy geeky obsessives who waste their lives in hobbies that no one outside the field can see any real interest in, pursuing useless trivial information instead of getting drunk or laid or at least getting 7 1/2 points on the Bears at Green Bay this Sunday.

It is not a positive, no matter how cute Ewan McGregor is.

Also, do we really need a blog about blogs? What's next - a blog about all the blogs about blogs?

Hmm...that's not a bad idea...

(Yes it is.)
Comments:
hi friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that singular brand. The prices seeking the velcros were about 200 bucks everwhere. But completely I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what can you tell me about these?
 
good day bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching for the sake of that exact brand. The prices as regards the velcros were approximately 220 bucks on every page. But for all I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what can you say about it?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Comments: "
hi friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that singular brand. The prices seeking the velcros were about 200 bucks everwhere. But completely I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what can you tell me about these?
 
" "
good day bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching for the sake of that exact brand. The prices as regards the velcros were approximately 220 bucks on every page. But for all I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what can you say about it?
 
" Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?